Saturday, February 9, 2013

SMASH!

Alas, recently while I was gone on a 3 day backpacking trip up in the Shenandoah National Park, there was a slight accident involving my beloved rooster pitcher I blogged about in an earlier post.

You see, apparently I was not careful about putting it back upon the shelf. I put it in  a bookshelf that was not completely full of things and one of our cats decided to jump inside the shelf and here is the result:



Needless to say, my husband was probably not too happy about breaking the news to me, as I'm sure he knew what was going to happen....must I say I cried a tear (or two)? Yes, I know, it's only a thing, but a favorite thing at that!

After sharing this with my some of my fellow vintage bloggers and resellers, one of them (Mad Maine Vintage Shop) suggested I turn the pieces into a mosaic of some sort. Why didn't I think of that? Luckily the trash had not been put out and I was able to rescue the pieces and will turn them into something else. Next time I will be more careful about where I put my collectibles.  Stay tuned to see what I turn the pile of shards into!

Updated: 24 Jan 2014:  These shards ended up in trash. I decided that it wasn't worth the effort. Lesson learned. More to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment