Saturday, February 9, 2013

Theming It Up at the Thrift Shop

My space at the local thrift shop consists of only a set of shelves. This was the only space available to me so I'm trying to make it work.

I've decided that I want to devote part of the space to a dedicated theme each month. After finding these adorable little girls' musical trinket boxes (too cute to pass up, under $3 each), February's theme is going to be horses.


Enchantmints Horse Ranch Music Box



They will go really well with this vintage Carrigaline Pottery (Cork, Ireland) hunter ashtray...
 

... and Secretariat and Seabiscuit collectible Breyer horses....


 Also going on the wall space, this vintage Kentucky State souvenir plate.....



I just love this set of horse head bar utensils.....it's hard for me to part with them!




Unfortunately I did not inspect this large beer stein (made in Holland) very well before I purchased it, as it has a small chip near the base. I will discount it and add it to the shelf anyway because I think another horse lover might like it and besides, it could also be used as a pencil holder or something else. If it doesn't sell, I'll keep it!



And lastly, I thought this 1997 game for children, called Horse Show, contains some beautiful horse playing cards that a crafter could turn into any number of things (mini note pad covers or a garland,perhaps?). Maybe some youngster who loves horses would love to have them.


To those of you who sell in thrift shops, do you frequently create a theme in your booths?




3 comments:

  1. Love your horse items (of course!) Let us know how they do. I have only had success with owl groupings myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did themes in the beginning, and then it kinda gets away from you, but hang in there, one of my grand daughters would love all the horse items!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all for your comments. Hope to see how it goes and thinking of other themes for later on.

    ReplyDelete